A2D is a professional dance company; the atmosphere must be kept professional in the classroom.
Students not properly prepared for class may be asked to sit out and watch. No jewelry other than small earrings should be worn.
Street shoes are NOT permitted on studio floors. Dancers are responsible for wearing the proper attire to their classes. All instructors will be enforcing dress code. All required clothing (except for shoes) will be available on site at Bella’s Dance Shop.
*Dancers must wear street shoes into the building and then change into dance shoes. Do not wear dance shoes outside the studio.
ALL HAIR must be secured either in a ponytail, braid or bun.
ALL BALLET classes MUST have their hair in a secure BUN – see below for bun making instructions!
- Black sweatpants or jazz pants with a t-shirt or tank top. NO JEANS! No street shoes permitted on the dance floor.
- Black dance sneakers (hip-hop shoes) or NEW sneakers used for dance ONLY are required for all hip-hop classes.
- Black hip hop shoes may be required for recital. Hair MUST be pulled back in ponytail, braid or bun.
Jazz & Musical Theatre:
- Dance pants or booty shorts with tights and a leotard or tank top.
- Beige jazz boots required. Students that currently have black jazz boots that fit can continue to wear them until they outgrow them. All jazz classes will be wearing beige boots at recital.
- Hair pulled back in ponytail, braid or bun.
- Black leotard with black skirt, pink tights, pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes.
- Dance sweaters optional. Hair in bun.
Ballet I, II, III, Prep Pointe & Pointe:
- Black leotard & pink tights. Black skirt or BLACK booty shorts optional.
- Leg warmers and dance sweaters optional.
- Ballet shoes required. NO T-SHIRTS OR BAGGY CLOTHING. Hair in bun.
- Black leotard and tights – OR Dance pants or booty shorts and tights with a tank top.
- Half-soles or bare feet. Hair in ponytail, braid or bun.
- FOOTLESS tights, black leotard, & booty shorts or jazz pants
- Ballet shoes for Ballet Technique. Bare feet for yoga or pilates. Hair in ponytail, braid or bun.
- Dance pants with leotard or tank top.
- Tap shoes- see instructor for specific type/style. Hair in ponytail, braid or bun.
*BALLET SHOES FOR ANYONE IN ADULT SIZING SHOULD BE:
BLOCH WOMEN’S “PRO ELASTIC” BALLET SLIPPER ON DISCOUNTDANCE.COM
NO SEWING REQUIRED AND THEY WILL NOT SLIP OFF.
ADDICTED 2 DANCE RECOMMENDS PERFORMANCE WEAR FOR PURCHASING SHOES.
1116 HORSHAM ROAD, AMBLER PA 19002
Wondering how to make a bun?
* Bella’s Dance Shop also sells bun forms to help make your ballet bun styling even easier! Ask the front desk about this today!