A2D is a professional dance company; the atmosphere must be kept professional in the classroom.
- Students not properly prepared for class may be asked to sit out and watch.
- No jewelry other than small earrings should be worn.
- Street shoes are NOT permitted on studio floors.
*Dancers must wear street shoes into the building and then change into dance shoes. Do not wear dance shoes outside the studio.
ALL HAIR must be secured either in a ponytail, braid or bun.
ALL BALLET classes MUST have their hair in a secure BUN – see below for bun making instructions!
- A2D T-Shirt (sold only at A2D)! No street shoes permitted on the dance floor.
- Black Capris, booty shorts or yoga pants,
- Black dance sneakers (hip-hop shoes) or NEW sneakers used for dance ONLY are required for all hip-hop classes.
- Black Converse may be required for recital. Hair MUST be pulled back in ponytail, braid or bun.
Jazz & Musical Theatre:
- Dance pants or booty shorts with tights and a leotard.
- Beige jazz boots required. All jazz classes will be wearing beige boots at recital.
- Hair pulled back in ponytail, braid or bun.
- Twinkle Dress, pink tights, pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes. (no tap for ages 2-3 until 2nd semester)
- Twinkle Bear
- Hair in bun, no jewelry, dance bags to be left in cubbies or with parent.
Ballet I, II, III, Prep Pointe & Pointe:
- Black leotard & pink tights. Black skirt or BLACK booty shorts optional.
- Leg warmers and dance sweaters optional.
- Ballet shoes required. NO T-SHIRTS OR BAGGY CLOTHING. Hair in bun.
- Black leotard and tights or dance pants or booty shorts and tights.
- Half-soles or bare feet. Hair in ponytail, braid or bun.
- FOOTLESS tights, black leotard, & booty shorts or jazz pants.
- Ballet shoes for Ballet Technique. Bare feet for yoga or pilates. Hair in ponytail, braid or bun.
- Black leotard, pink tights, black tap shoes· Tap shoes age 8 and up No split soles. Age 8 and under prefer Velcro strap· Hair in ponytail, braid or bun.
- Tap shoes- see instructor for specific type/style. Hair in ponytail, braid or bun.
BALLET SHOES FOR ANYONE IN ADULT SIZING SHOULD BE: BLOCH WOMEN’S “PRO ELASTIC” BALLET SLIPPER ON DISCOUNTDANCE.COM
No sewing required and they will not slip off.
ADDICTED 2 DANCE RECOMMENDS PERFORMANCE WEAR FOR PURCHASING SHOES.
1116 HORSHAM ROAD, AMBLER PA 19002
Wondering how to make a bun?
* Bella’s Dance Shop also sells bun forms to help make your ballet bun styling even easier! Ask the front desk about this today!