DRESS CODE for IN-STUDIO and VIRTUAL FROM HOME (Simulcast) Classes for 2020-2021 Dance Season
All dancers are expected to follow the dress code as outlined below for all classes, including those dancers who are dancing ‘from home’.
All dancers are expected to wear their hair in a HIGH BALLET BUN for all classes during the 2020-2021 Dance Season.
A2D is a professional dance company; the atmosphere must be kept professional in the classroom.
- Students not properly prepared for class may be asked to sit out and watch.
- No jewelry other than small earrings should be worn.
- Street shoes are NOT permitted on studio floors.
*Dancers must wear street shoes into the building and then change into dance shoes. Do not wear dance shoes outside the studio.
ALL HAIR must be secured either in a ponytail, braid or bun.
ALL BALLET classes MUST have their hair in a secure BUN – CLICK HERE for Helpful Hints & Traditional Ballet Hairstyles
- A2D T-Shirt (sold only at A2D)! No street shoes permitted on the dance floor.
- Black Capris, booty shorts or yoga pants,
- Black dance sneakers (hip-hop shoes) or NEW sneakers used for dance ONLY are required for all hip-hop classes.
- Black Converse may be required for recital. Hair MUST be pulled back in ponytail, braid or bun.
Jazz & Musical Theatre:
- Dance pants or booty shorts with tights and a leotard.
- Beige jazz boots required. All jazz classes will be wearing beige boots at recital.
- Hair pulled back in ponytail, braid or bun.
- Twinkle Dress, pink tights, pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes. (no tap for ages 2-3 until 2nd semester)
- Twinkle Bear
- Hair in bun, no jewelry, dance bags to be left in cubbies or with parent.
Ballet I, II, III, Prep Pointe & Pointe:
- Black leotard & pink tights. Black skirt.
- Leg warmers and dance sweaters optional.
- Ballet shoes required. NO T-SHIRTS OR BAGGY CLOTHING. Hair in bun.
- Black leotard and tights or dance pants or booty shorts and tights.
- Half-soles or bare feet. Hair in ponytail, braid or bun.
- FOOTLESS tights, black leotard, & booty shorts or jazz pants.
- Ballet shoes for Ballet Technique. Bare feet for yoga or pilates. Hair in ponytail, braid or bun.
- Black leotard, pink tights, black tap shoes· Tap shoes age 8 and up No split soles. Age 8 and under prefer Velcro strap· Hair in ponytail, braid or bun.
- Tap shoes- see instructor for specific type/style. Hair in ponytail, braid or bun.
BALLET SHOES FOR ANYONE IN ADULT SIZING SHOULD BE: BLOCH WOMEN’S “PRO ELASTIC” BALLET SLIPPER ON DISCOUNTDANCE.COM . No sewing required and they will not slip off.
Local Dancewear Companies:
Wondering how to make a bun?